PathLab Support is a charitable and community based organisation registered in England and Wales in 2012 as a community interest company, registered CIC No is 8039428. This organization is established to provide healthcare support services to the sickle cell community both in the UK and Africa.
PathLab Support is committed to promoting sickle cell awareness and support, education and training, blood donation awareness especially among black and minority ethnic communities. Our international aid activities are platforms to make life touching impacts. PathLab Support works in affiliation with other community organisations and non-governmental institutions
To build a network of support for individuals and families living with sickle cell disease / other blood disorders in the UK and Africa.
To improve the quality of healthcare for sickle cell patients and to ease the financial burden of sickle cell disease on families who have limited incomes and limited access to healthcare facilities
- To support sick people especially individuals and families with sickle cell disease and any other blood disorder within Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities
- To encourage and promote blood donation awareness
- To support and participate in sickle cell disease prevention and management through education and training of patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals
- To collaborate with other community organizations, healthcare providers as well as public and government agencies in the provision of patients and family support.
- To support and participate in Blood transfusion research, laboratory diagnosis and research programs on Sickle Cell Disease and Malaria.
- To support and contribute to the advancement of pathology laboratories in Africa for effective disease diagnosis, treatment and management through networking, training and donation of laboratory equipments, reagents and consumables.
Akinola Idowu Adewunmi- Founder & CEO
- Biomedical Scientist, Royal Liverpool University Hospitals
- Fellow, IBMS, UK
- Member, BBTS, UK
- Member, AFSBT, South Africa
- Member, MLSCN, Nigeria
- MSc Biomedical Science
Olubukola Adewunmi- Founder & Director
- Biomedical Scientist, Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool
- Member, IBMS, UK
- Member, MLSCN, Nigeria
- Masters in Personnel Psychology.
Dr. Biobele J. Brown- Project Director (Nigeria)
Haematology & Oncology Unit
Department of Paediatrics
College of Medicine
University of Ibadan / University College Hospital
Board of Trustees:
- Dr Ebunoluwa Patrick, MBBS, MSc Tropical Paediatrics
Chair | Medical Practitioner, St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Liverpool
- Gift Brandy, MSc Finance
Treasurer | Manager, Fast Track Services (UK) Ltd, Liverpool.
- Adedeji Adegoke, MSc Computer Science, MSc Biochemistry
Secretary | Maths Tutor, Liverpool
- Ememabelem Martin, MSc Chemical Pathology, Master of Public Health
Member | Public Health Expert, Liverpool
- Olusegun Olayemi, MIBMS, MSc Molecular Pathology and Toxicology
Member | Specialist Biomedical Scientist, Central Manchester University Hospital